Mar 11, 2022
Do you believe in transformative power of the arts; in children and young people, and their creative potential? Do you have experience in the world of fundraising, or know someone who knows about these things who you should share this post with?
As we head towards our 40th anniversary in 2024, we are delighted to offer this newly created full-time Development and Marketing Officer role as part of the Fundraising Fellowship, Ireland in partnership with Business to Arts and the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media. All the details are below. Please do get in touch if you’d like to join our fantastic team, or help us spread the word – We know the right person is out there for us and we can’t wait to meet them!
Development & Marketing Officer at Graffiti
Salary: €30,000 per annum
GRAFFITI IS LOOKING FOR A DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING OFFICER
Graffiti Theatre Company, is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join the organisation at a crucial time in its growth plans. As Graffiti heads towards its 40th anniversary in 2024, we are delighted to offer this newly created full-time Development and Marketing Officer role as part of the Fundraising Fellowship, Ireland in partnership with Business to Arts and the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media.
Who are we?
Since 1984, Graffiti has been creating theatre for young audiences, and mentoring children to be creators themselves through youth theatre, creative learning workshops and early years programmes. We believe that every child has the right to access artistic excellence. We support and work with a range of excellent artists to help children to realise their creative voice and to help them to imagine a better world. We develop children’s confidence and mental wellbeing through participation in the arts. We inspire them to forge a greater connection with the world and a sense of belonging through a guided and transformative discovery of the arts.
We believe in building community through creativity, kindness and the power of imagination. You can read about our range of programmes for children from birth to 18, and meet the Graffiti team and board of trustees here: https://www.graffiti.ie/about/about-graffiti/
What will the role entail?
The selected candidate is coming to a newly created role to support our expanding organisation and our fundraising and marketing needs. The successful candidate will work closely with the Artistic Director and General Manager to develop and lead on a robust fundraising and marketing strategy to amplify and create sustainable funding sources for our programmes. Working closely with our small but dedicated team, the successful candidate will identify fundraising and sponsorship opportunities, build relationships with external stakeholders, potential donors and supporters, and build on the foundations of our recent brand refresh and communications and fundraising building blocks.
The key focus of this role is revenue generation – through targeted audience development (marketing campaign delivery), bespoke engagement initiatives (Friends’ and Corporate Membership Scheme, etc.), and excellent relationship development and stewardship (Corporate Sponsorship and Partnerships).
Graffiti has ambitious plans to grow over the next three years and central to our plan is an increase in self-generated resources. We envisage a period of intense and sustained capacity building in the next 24 months in the build up to our 40th anniversary.
More specifically, the Marketing and Development Officer will have responsibilities to:
● Increase income generation and diversify funding streams to support Graffiti’s artistic ambitions across an exciting portfolio of programmes and partnerships
● Manage and grow our recently established Friends’ Scheme, and increase income through securing new Friends and identifying leads
- Research, develop and nurture relevant corporate prospects for support, partnerships & meaningful sponsorship, delivering high quality proposals and sponsorship offerings
- Research and identify funding opportunities with Trusts and Foundations, and develop relationships in this area
- Assist the Artistic Director and General Manager with preparation of annual and project funding grant applications and proposals, including research, data collation, and reports
- Achieve the agreed annual fundraising target generated through fundraising activities
- Efficiently manage the administrative functions associated with the role including detailed and on time reporting (monthly Board/committee report); servicing of relationships, pitch documents and applications.
- Manage social media posting
- Work with General manager on content including e-newsletters and social media updates
- Management and updates of the website
- Manage partners marketing needs, eg festivals, funders, collaborators, partner organisations
- Support marketing of our productions to ensure that information is provided, campaigns are coordinated, and an excellent customer service experience is delivered on a consistent basis
- Work with General Manager to manage relationship with PR agency for specific projects
- Champion audience development and engagement in relation to Graffiti’s programmes, both internally and with external stakeholders
- Play a key role in maximising Graffiti’s profile, and ensuring that our vision, mission and ethos are communicated effectively to the public and key stakeholders
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Demonstrable experience in a fundraising or marketing role
- Have proven commercial and / or fundraising achievements
- A strong knowledge of, and interest, in the arts
- The flair and creativity to devise effective fundraising and ideally marketing strategies , based on experience
- Strong research skills, presentation skills, and excellent writing skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills, a results driven outlook and an effective communicator
- Strong people skills, a positive attitude and exemplary team skills
- A strong desire to fulfil and excel through the Fellowship programme and bring their learnings to the wider Graffiti team, and to recognise the opportunity that the Fellowship offers
- Literate with all basic computer packages and design packages, and proficient across social media platforms
- A natural capacity to forge long-term, productive relationships with funders, partner organisations, staff and volunteers
- Experience of managing external relationships to foster positive and mutually rewarding partnerships with corporate partners, sponsors and philanthropic supporters
- Combine vision with the ability to make things happen, and can work on their own initiative
- Passion and enthusiasm for supporting the creativity of children and young people, the artists Graffiti works with, the arts in Cork, and beyond.
- A core belief in the transformative impact of the arts, especially for children and young people, and the passion to help us to realise our Mission and Vision.
- PR & Marketing experience
What is the Fundraising Fellowship, Ireland?
Graffiti is one of two organisations selected nationally to be part of this fundraising capacity building programme from Business to Arts. As well as answering to the job description above, the successful candidate will participate in a structured 24-month programme of mentoring and development activities delivered by Business to Arts and their partners. It is a unique opportunity for the selected candidate and for Graffiti to develop fundraising skills. The Fellowship aims to provide training and professional development to enhance long-term careers in fundraising and development for the Irish cultural sector.
So, if you’re thinking of applying…
- Equality is a key principle here at Graffiti and we wholeheartedly welcome applicants who reflect the Ireland we live in today
- Remuneration: €30,000 per annum
- Location: Graffiti Theatre, Assumption Road, Blackpool Cork T23 FDT4, with remote working option available for up to 2 days per week
- Term: 24 months, full time (35 hours per week). Probation: Six months
- Reporting to: General Manager and Artistic Director
- Start date: late May 2022
TO APPLY FOR THE ROLE:
Please email a letter of application (max. 2 pages), outlining relevant skills, experience and motivation to work at Graffiti, together with your CV to email@example.com with ‘Development & Marketing Officer’ in the subject line, by Monday April 18th 2022 at 9pm
Interviews will take place on Saturday 30th April 2022 at Graffiti, with a May start date for the successful applicant.