Graffiti is looking for a new member to join its team: Administrative Assistant to the General Manager.
Tá Graffiti ag lorg ball nua den fhoireann: Cúntóir Riaracháin don Bhainisteoir Ginearálta
At Graffiti, we believe every child deserves to reach their full creative potential. We support children and young people from birth to 18 years old to find and use their creative voice and develop their sense of value through our innovative and engaging arts programmes. For almost 40 years, we have been at the forefront of high quality arts provision for children from birth to 18 years through theatre productions for young audiences, creative writing programmes, playwriting, schools workshops, youth theatre and BEAG, our Early years programme.
As our organisation grows to meet the increasing needs for our work across Cork and beyond, we are now seeking an experienced Administrator to support our General Manager on a part-time basis.
Tá an chomhlacht ag fás chun freastal ar pháistí agus daoine óga i gCorcaigh agus níos faide ó bhaile, agus táimid ag lorg Riarthóir le taithí chun tacú leis an mBainisteoir Ginearálta ar bhonn páirtaimseartha.
Hours: 12 hours per week.
Position: Part-time for one year, with a view to extension and the potential to roll over.
Reports to: General Manager (GM), and to the CEO/Artistic Director in the GM’s absence
Working closely with the General Manager, the successful candidate’s role involves;
- Administration and assistance to support the General Manager in the delivery of Graffiti Theatre Company management and programmes
- Identification, management and monitoring of supplier relationships as they relate to the operation of the organisation and its premises
- Management of company databases and personal data in line with Data Protection legislation
- Attendance and contribution to team meetings, funding application support and general office support
GOVERNANCE & HR SUPPORT
- Regular review and update of all HR policies and procedures and compliance with legislation and best practice
- Ensuring appropriate insurances for organisational activities, as required, and for annual Company insurance renewal
- Liaising with Graffiti’s external HR service provider
- Contract management for staff, volunteers and freelance service providers
- Health and Safety monitoring, implementation and review, supported by external service provider
- FIling annual returns and other governance-related documentation with the CRO, compliance with the Charities Regulator’s Code of Governance
- Assisting in generating financial reports for funders and compliance with conditions of funding
- Assisting with invoicing, costings and budgets
- Supporting the wider Graffiti team in developing funding applications (e.g. providing budgets, materials sourcing etc)
Requirements of the Post
Graffiti is managed by a tight-knit and supportive team. We are looking for an individual who displays the following attributes:
- You are committed to Graffiti’s ethos and mission and believe in transformative power of the arts for children and young people.
- You view children and young people as important members of society; are motivated to uphold their rights and ensure that they are supported to develop to their full potential, personally and socially.
- You are a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- You have excellent organisational skills
- You are proficient in G: Suite apps
- You are a problem solver, able to work under pressure and prioritise between conflicting
- You have a high degree of personal and professional integrity and can be placed in positions of trust and responsibility including access to sensitive and confidential data.
- You are a team player
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to evidence the personal attributes and role specification listed above
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A love of colour-coded spreadsheets
- Curiosity and a keenness to find innovative and practical solutions to challenges
- Third level qualification in arts management, creative producing or related fields
- Knowledge and understanding of the theatre for young audiences and youth arts landscapes
- Experience of using Mailer Lite, Stripe, Docusign, Bright HR, Bright Safe
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a part-time position for one year, with an option to roll over
- This position is based at Graffiti’s Offices in Blackpool, Cork
- The post holder is expected to work a 12 hour week and be open to occasionally undertaking evening and weekend work as necessitated by Graffiti’s work programme (arranged as required with GM, and with time off in lieu of such undertakings)
- The salary for the position is €190 per week Gross (€9880 per annum)
- This role is subject to Garda Vetting of the successful candidate
How to Apply
- Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday 6th November 2023
- Shortlisting may apply
- Please provide a letter of application detailing your suitability for the role and a CV detailing relevant skills and experience
- Shortlisted candidates will be subject to interview and the successful candidate must be able to take up the position as soon as possible by mutual agreement
Please email your application in the strictest confidence to: email@example.com with email subject line: Administrative Assistant to General Manager.